Combine Pan- Fried Tofu with Masala Mushrooms cooked with Indian spices, onions and tomatoes and you get this delicious and easy side dish which can be enjoyed with Roti, Paratha, rice or with your favourite kind of bread. Try it on its own for a tasty, light snack. Throw it over noodles and take it for lunch.
For more tasty recipes,tips and product reviews please
Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EatEastIndian
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/EatEastIndian
Our Blog: http://eateastindian.com/
200 gms Tofu
1 thinly sliced onion
2 large tomatoes
2-3 inch piece of ginger julienned
4 tbsp oil ( 2 for pan-frying tofu, 2 for mushrooms)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp soy sauce
Salt ( per taste), we recommend 1/2 to 1 tsp
1 tsp curry powder
Cilantro for garnish
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes and 1/2 tsp Turmeric
– Begin by pan-frying tofu until its golden brown.
-Once they are golden, set them aside
– In another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and once hot, add mustard seeds.
– Add onions, ginger, soy sauce, salt, turmeric and red chilli flakes.
– Once onions are brown, add mushrooms. mix well and fry for 3-4 mins.
– Add tomatoes and let them become tender. Add Tofu. Stir with other components. Give it 2-3 mins.
– Add curry powder and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serve with rice, roti or noodles.