It is been a active start off to the New Year! My other half and I decided it would be a superior notion to begin 2016 by completing a job that had been accumulating dust at the bottom of our “To Do” list for a minor whilst. A job we had been putting off for months… redecorating the dwelling.
What adopted had been many outings to many Diy shops to choose every thing from masking tape and sanding paper to paint brushes and gentle fittings. Annoyingly, we scrutinised in excess of just about every detail. The mix of becoming indecisive and new to the situation did not assist possibly. It also meant we learnt LOTS along the way. For example did you know that skirting board arrives in a lot more than a single size – and that you should really possibly check out you have the right size before slicing it. Who realized?! (Ps. If everyone requires some 14cm skirting board please holler… my shed will thank you).
If you have at any time had get the job done performed in your property, you will know two things very well: one) How disruptive it can be to your day-to-day routine… and… 2)How rapidly dust turns into your arch enemy-it gets just about everywhere! We cleared most things into our guest area and kitchen area which meant that cooking, was well… a royal pain in the bottom. It also meant that for the duration of that time, I frequently defaulted to cooking dishes that had been anxiety totally free and fast and simple to make. That provides me to today’s recipe! (Superb segue techniques, I know). Spicy masala porridge is my go to dish when I’m craving something filling & comforting and it should really be yours much too. It also gets reward details for only taking 10 minutes to make! It is creamy & crunchy and topped with some mango pickle and simple yoghurt, it is a actual crowd pleaser. So a great deal so that the courting internet site Match.com featured this recipe on their internet site! (Check it out below).
Ps. I am now very pleased to say that our decorating is now full and we have now settled back again into our fresher & considerably more recent looking, home (yay!).
Indian Spicy Masala Porridge
- one cup (240g) of porridge oats
- one tsp cumin seeds
- two ½ cups h2o
- one/two small onion, thinly sliced
- one tomato diced, diced into ½ cm items
- one small carrot, diced into ½ cm items
- two broccoli florets, cut into small chunks
- one environmentally friendly birds eye chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1tsp salt or according to style
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- one/4 tsp amchur/mango powder (optional)
- handful clean coriander, finely chopped
- Warmth a non-adhere pan and insert the porridge oats and cumin.
- Toast on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring repeatedly.
- When you see the oats becoming to alter color and develop into a bit darker, insert the h2o quickly.
- Boost the heat to higher and insert the tomatoes, carrots, broccoli and chilli.
- Mix well. Now insert salt, turmeric, paprika, garam masala and amchur.
- Enable the porridge to thicken and come to a boil. Decrease to medium heat and cook dinner for a even further two minutes.
- Sprinkle on clean coriander and get rid of from heat.
- Get pleasure from on its own or with a dollop of yoghurt and mango pickle!
Monica’s Spice Diary – Indian Meals Blog site http://spicediary.com/