Here is an easy lentils recipe with veggies and flavoured with Zaatar.This one pot dish can be made in bulk and enjoyed anytime during the day.
For more tasty recipes, tips and product reviews please
Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EatEastIndian
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/EatEastIndian
1 cup light brown Lentils
1/2 cup dark brown lentils
1/2 cup chopped onion
3-4 garlic cloves
2-3 chopped carrots
2-3 chopped potatoes
Salt per taste
1 tsp paprika/cayenne or red chilli powder
2 tbsp zaatar
2-3 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
6-8 cups of water (dependent on quantity you are cooking)
1 tsp pepper for seasoning
– Soak the lentils in water overnight or at least 30 mins.
– Heat oil in the cooker. Fry cumin, onions and garlic.
– Add salt, paprika and zaatar.
– Mix well. Add veggies and lentils.
(discard the water lentils were soaking in)
– Add water. Adjust seasoning and serve with flatbread of your choice.