Learn how to prepare simple spiced eggplant dish called achari baingan. Baingan i.e. Brinjal (Eggplant/Aubergine) is cooked along with flavourful Indian spices to yield this delicious dish.
2 med size eggpalnt
Salt per taste
2 tbsp oil for cooking
1/2 tsp turmeric and red chilli pwd
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp each Mustard, Fennel and Onion (Nigella/ Kalonji) seeds
1 med. onion
1. Cut eggplant in long pieces.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil and add asafoetida and other seeds.
3. Give spices about 30 secs and add onions. Mix well
4. Fry onions along with salt, turmeric and red chilli pwd until golden brown.
5. Add eggplant. Stir in with spices. Add 1/2 cup water.
6. Cover and cook for 6-7 mins until done.
Keep stirring in between to ensure the eggplant doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Enjoy with Roti or Parantha
For more delicious recipes, please subscribe to:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EatEastIndian
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/EatEastIndian
Our website: http://eateastindian.com