Healthy, creamy, flavourful soup Mulligatawny with hint of curry spices is not only easy to prepare but will also keep you full for hours.
Here is my version of the recipe.
For more tasty recipes, tips and product reviews please
Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EatEastIndian
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/EatEastIndian
1/4 cup Rice
1/2 cup Lentils of your choice – I am using split green peas
1 large onion chopped
small piece of chopped ginger
3-4 cloves of garlic
Vegetables of your choice like carrots, turnip and celery
1 tsp curry powder
2-3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
Salt per taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 cup coconut milk
3-4 cups of vegetable broth
– Soak rice and lentils in water for at least 30 mins.
– Heat oil in a pot/pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds.
– Add onions, ginger , garlic and salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Fry for 2-3 mins.
– Add veggies and fry for 2-3 more mins. Add rice+ lentils.
– Add curry powder.
– Add 3-4 cups of veg broth and cup of coconut milk.
– Mix well and close the lid.
– Cook for 3-4 whistles and then turn the heat off.
– When cooker cools down, open the lid and garnish the soup as desired and sere warm.
** Soup does thickens up on standing so feel free to add water when you eat it at a later time or add more brother/coconut milk to make it thinner.